Vegan nacho cheese. Can it be done? Yes, it really can! This recipe will have you telling others that it’s “not yo cheese!”
- 2 cups potatoes, diced large
- 1 cup carrots, diced large
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes (but to be completely honest I always double the serving of nutrional yeast in all my recipes)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika/smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp vegan chicken-style seasoning
- Boil the potatoes and carrots in water until soft
- Blend potatoes, carrots, water, oil, and seasonings on high in a blender until the ‘cheese’ is smooth
- I enjoy eating it with only tortilla chips, but it can be used in Mexican dishes, on pasta, or as a topping!
Yesterday’s juice was a very simple carrot/orange combo.
Today I got a little more elaborate, trying to get extra greens in to see if it would help this RA flare:
1 carrot (huge)
2 smallish oranges
1 handful kale stems
1 handful spinach
1 collard leaf
No picture, because it came out a very muddy green. Again, I would say that I didn’t love this, but it was ok. I am hoping that, over time, I develop more of a taste for green juices, because right now I really just don’t like the green taste. But, I did have a bunch of baked kale chips today for lunch, so I’m pretty well green veggied up!
Today’s juice was:
My Breville Ikon juicer - AKA "Akon"
1 tart apple
handful of kale
small piece fresh ginger
Yummy, but maybe a little much ginger 🙂