Makes about 9-10 average sized cookies
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- Add the clump-free flour to a mixing bowl. Then add the sugar and salt. Mix together.
- Add the vegan butter, at first it will be crumbly but then will form cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough into a ball and then flatten it out on a flour dusted surface and cut out some cookies with a knife or cookie cutter.
- Roll the cookies in sugar and then place them onto a baking tray.
- Repeat the process with the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Remove and cool before enjoying!
Vegan nacho cheese. Can it be done? Yes, it really can! This recipe will have you telling others that it’s “not yo cheese!”
- 2 cups potatoes, diced large
- 1 cup carrots, diced large
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes (but to be completely honest I always double the serving of nutrional yeast in all my recipes)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika/smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp vegan chicken-style seasoning
- Boil the potatoes and carrots in water until soft
- Blend potatoes, carrots, water, oil, and seasonings on high in a blender until the ‘cheese’ is smooth
- I enjoy eating it with only tortilla chips, but it can be used in Mexican dishes, on pasta, or as a topping!
Ahh, the holidays! We hope you’re enjoying your time, and we hope that now you can enjoy it even more with a alcohol-free or spirited version of this delicious vegan eggnog!
Serves about 2-4
- 2 cups non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 frozen bananas*
- 6 Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth
- Serve as is or add spiced rum, bourbon, brandy, or whiskey, or any alcohol of your choosing for a spirited version
- *If you’re making this in advance omit the bananas and add them when serving, or the drink will become slimy