This is modeled after a Thai noodle recipe, but I hate to say that it’s Thai noodles because it’s been modified so much. So, you can be the judge!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and then using peeler, make strips
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- Sesame seeds Creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter (or ½ cup smooth peanut butter and 1/4 cup chopped peanuts)
- 1/3 cup hot water (or 1/4 cup if using smooth peanut butter)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or Bragg’s aminos
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon spicy Thai chili paste or hot sauce
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds
Cook pasta al dente.
Prepare all vegetables and cilantro and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, combine all other ingredients except nuts and seeds, to make sauce. This might be easier in a blender.
When pasta is prepared, drain, add vegetables and sauce and gently toss. It is easier said than done, but if the pasta is hot and the water used was also very warm, that will help.
Sprinkle with nuts and seeds and serve.