I made cookies yesterday because my yoga teacher mentioned it and I’m highly suggestible. I started with the previous Hurricane Sandy Cookies recipe, but made some small adaptations due to what we did/didn’t have available. They came out quite delicious!
Vegan Peanut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plain soymilk
- 1 teaspoon imitation vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F and prepare your baking sheets.
- Whisk together first five ingredients until very smooth. Mix dry ingredients. Combine all ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Hand roll into small balls and then flatten down to about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thickness. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until tops develop cracks. They won’t look quite done. That’s ok. Remove sheet from oven, and wait 10 minutes before transferring cookies to plate.