It took me a while to perfect this recipe, but now that I have I cannot wait to share it! This is an easy recipe for a decedent dairy-free cheesecake.
For Nut and Date Crust
3/2 cup Chopped Walnuts/Almonds
½ cup Pitted Dates
For Graham Cracker Crust
1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup white sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
3.5 oz Medium Firm Tofu
8 oz Toffuti Cream Cheese
⅔ cup Sugar
⅓ cup Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Cornstarch
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
3 tbsp vegan butter
10 oz. semisweet chocolate
½ cup non-dairy milk
1. Place the dates and nuts in a food processor and chop up until crumbly.
2. Spray the bottom of your pan with some cooking spray. Then place the date and buy mixture on top. Using your hands, or an object, press the crumbs down so it forms a thick and dense layer.
Graham Cracker Crust
1. Place the graham crackers in a food processor until crumbly. Add melted butter and sugar and process again.
2. Spray the bottom of your pan with some cooking spray. Then place the graham cracker mixture on top. Using your hands, or an object, press the crumbs down so it forms a thick and dense layer.
1. Add the milk, butter, and sugar in a pot on medium heat
2. Stir/whisk until combined and leave on the stove for about 8 minutes
3. Remove from heat and let cool to thicken
Cream Cheese Filling
1. In a blender, mix the tofu, Tofutti cream cheese, sugar, corn starch, and lemon juice until smooth.
2. Pour this tofu mixture on top of crust.
3. If wanted, drizzle in caramel sauce
4. Bake for 35-40 min at 350F.
5. Chill in fridge for about 1 hr at least
1. Add water to a pot and simmer
2. Place bowl over the water and add the chocolate and dairy-free milk
3. Stir until melted and smooth
4. Pour over cheesecake and chill until hardened
Decorate how you please and enjoy!