Vegan baking is far from impossible. Eggs tend to be the thing that creates most confusion, and there are many egg substitutes that can be employed, depending upon the purpose that eggs serve in the recipe.
There are some commercial egg substitutes, as well, but here are 10 that you probably have in your fridge or cabinets right now.
- 2 tsp baking soda + 2 T warm water
- 2 tsp baking soda + 2 T warm water + ½ tsp oil
- 1 tsp baking powder + 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp baker’s yeast dissolved in ¼ cup warm water
- 1 T ground flaxseeds mixed well with 3 T water
- 3 T vegan mayo + ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 T cornstarch + 2 T water
- 2 T potato starch + 2 T water
- ½ banana mashed
- ¼ cup silken tofu blended