Delicious and comforting stew for fall days!
- 1 lb dried lentils (your choice of black, brown, or green)
- ½ lb dried cannellini beans
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 4 tbsp Better than Bouillon vegetarian chicken concentrate (or ~6 TBSP vegan broth powder)
- ⅔ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional ⅔ cup texturized vegetable protein
Add cannellini beans, onion, celery, to Instant Pot with enough water to cover them by about two inches. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes and then vent to release.
Add lentils, tomatoes, bouillon, spices, along with enough water to again cover cover by about two inches. Cook on high pressure for 9 minutes and then vent to release.
Put the instant pot on sauté. Add tomato paste and stir in. If you would like to add some TVP for the extra chew, add it here. Then allow to cook, stirring often but gently, until the beans and lentils are as soft as you would like. This only took 5 minutes for me today, but that varies with age of the beans and other factors.
Serve with rice or just some nice crusty bread. We had it with pearl couscous, avocado, sour cream, and hot sauce.