The sourdough obsession continues with banana bread! If you are looking for the version without sourdough, you can find that here.
- 150g (3/4 cup) sugar – I mixed brown sugar and white sugar
- 90g (1/3 cup plus 2 tsp) cup vegan butter, at room temp (or canola oil)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed well
- 32g or 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla
- 200g (1 cup) sourdough starter
- 140g (1 generous cup) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts if desired
- 1/4 cup raisins if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350*
Mix butter and sugar until creamy. Add mashed bananas, soy milk, and vanilla and mix briefly.
Add remaining ingredients and mix until just combined. Double check to be sure you got everything from the sides of the bowl.
Pour into loaf pan (spray with non-stick spray if needed) and sprinkle top of loaf with natural/demerara sugar if desired.
Bake for 1 hour or until cake tester (or toothpick) inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to cool and remove from pan and serve.