I love soup in the cold months, especially on a rainy day. Do you? This hardy soup is easy and can be frozen, as well. It can be cooked in a pressure cooker (or Instapot) or a standard pan.
- 10 cups of vegetable broth or water and broth mix
- 1.5 cup uncooked barley
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced (sauté in the olive oil if desired)
- 2 cans canned diced tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 zucchini’s, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 1 bag of frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups cooked navy beans (or 2 cans)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté onions in olive oil if desired. Add onions, oil, and other ingredients except corn, beans, salt and pepper to the pressure cooker. Bring to high pressure and cook 10 minutes. Lower temperature to low and bring pressure down. Add corn and beans and continue to simmer until cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.