I do love a good cinnamon roll! These are a nice combination of slightly tart breading and sweet cinnamon.
- 3 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, warmed slightly
- 1/2 cup active sourdough starter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1-2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Mix flour and butter with hand or mixer until a sandy consistency.
- Add remaining dough ingredients and mix (if using a stand mixer, use dough hook). Mix with dough hook for about 5 minutes or mix and knead for 10 minutes until it comes together into a soft ball. Try not to add more flour, but if you have to, do so just a tablespoon at a time.
- Cover with a towel or lid (be sure there is room for it to rise) and set in a warm spot overnight or until it doubles.
- The next morning or after dough has risen, preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the cinnamon filling, melt the butter and mix in the other ingredients.
- Lightly coat counter or cutting board and roll out dough into a rectangle (about ¼ to ⅓ inch thick) and spread the cinnamon evenly to all edges.
- From the long edge, roll the dough into a “log.”
- Use a sharp knife to cut your rolls about ¾-1 inch in height.
- Place the rolls in a lined baking pan. separated to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the rolls are cooling, mix the icing ingredients until smooth and then drizzle over cooled rolls.