Vegan nacho cheese. Can it be done? Yes, it really can! This recipe will have you telling others that it’s “not yo cheese!”
- 2 cups potatoes, diced large
- 1 cup carrots, diced large
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes (but to be completely honest I always double the serving of nutrional yeast in all my recipes)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika/smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp vegan chicken-style seasoning
- Boil the potatoes and carrots in water until soft
- Blend potatoes, carrots, water, oil, and seasonings on high in a blender until the ‘cheese’ is smooth
- I enjoy eating it with only tortilla chips, but it can be used in Mexican dishes, on pasta, or as a topping!
- One Package of Firm Tofu
- 1/4 an Onion
- 1/4 a Red Pepper
- Handful of Kale
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Optional: Vegan Cheese
Start by getting excess water out of the tofu and put to the side
Chop up the onion, pepper, and kale
Put kale into a separate bowl and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Massage the kale until soft; should be about a minute
Sauté the onion, pepper, and kale in a pan with some olive oil
Add the spices and then add the crumbled tofu. Cook until the desired consistency. Add a sprinkle of vegan cheese if you want and enjoy.
We prefer this scramble on a toasted roll with some hot sauce.
Blissful is an understatement.
- 2 cups pitted and softened dates
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
Toppings or Add-Ins:
- Chocolate nibs or chips
Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined. The consistency should be sticky and moldable.
Roll in coconut, nuts, or chocolate for a professional finish.
(If you want just chocolate bliss balls, omit the peanut butter. If you want peanut butter bliss balls, omit the cocoa powder.)