Yes, I know, I really need to post something besides cookie recipes. But, until I do that, here is another one. They have some decently healthy ingredients, even.
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
1 1/2 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup soymilk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup vegan protein powder
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups quick oats
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup coconut shreds
Mix wet ingredients and sugar – 1-5. Mix dry ingredients – 6-9. Combine and fold in extras – 10-13.
Bake at 350* for 15 minutes. Check. When tops begin to crack and edges of bottom are slightly brown, remove from open and allow to cool on cookie sheet.
If you like chocolate chip cookies that aren’t super super sweet, then these are AMAZING! I can’t take any credit. The recipe and the picture are from Trans-Planted.
Basic ingredients are below, but for the full recipe, please follow the link!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup almond or soy milk (I used unsweetened)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 ounces vegan chocolate chips
yields two dozen
I made cookies yesterday because my yoga teacher mentioned it and I’m highly suggestible. I started with the previous Hurricane Sandy Cookies recipe, but made some small adaptations due to what we did/didn’t have available. They came out quite delicious!
Vegan Peanut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plain soymilk
- 1 teaspoon imitation vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F and prepare your baking sheets.
- Whisk together first five ingredients until very smooth. Mix dry ingredients. Combine all ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Hand roll into small balls and then flatten down to about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thickness. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until tops develop cracks. They won’t look quite done. That’s ok. Remove sheet from oven, and wait 10 minutes before transferring cookies to plate.