I finally got my Vitamix. I’ve been yearning for one for a long long time. Now I have Glenda, the good blendah. And that means breakfast smoothies all the time. Woot.
I’m gradually working out my smoothie making process. Right now, every weekend, I make several bags of fruit, seasonings, and protein powder and sock them into the freezer. Then, in the morning, I just have to grab some greens, blend them into soy milk (I do that first because I do not like chunks of greens in my smoothies), throw in a bag of frozen fruit, and voila! The funniest part for me is, while green juice made me a little gaggy at first – not the taste but the idea of drinking something green – green smoothies don’t at all.
Some favorite mixes right now are:
– Strawberry, banana, peanut butter, kale
– Strawberry, pineapple, protein powder, spinach
– Blueberry, strawberry, banana, protein powder, kale
– Blackberry (except I don’t love the seeds), blueberry, strawberry, protein powder, kale
– Apple, cinnamon, banana, protein powder, spinach
Yum! If you are a smoothie lover, what are your favorite mixes?