There are some chocolate chip cookie addicts in our house. Usually, we just get them from the bakery in the grocery store, but they aren’t making them right now. So, I whipped up a batch today. They were easy and very tasty.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used soy, oat would probably be good)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 oz vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix butter, milk, vanilla, and sugar until sugar is fully incorporated into the butter. You can do this with a hand mixer or just a spoon/whisk.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix by hand until combined. You may have to do this with a dough whisk or your hands.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in. Don’t over mix.
- Place dough in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Using your hands, make small balls of dough, flatten slightly, and put on parchment lined baking pan, leaving a little room between.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until they just begin to slightly brown on the outer edges.
- Remove and allow to cool 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- Eat cookies.
A picture of Astrid because she is just cute.