This recipe, adapted from Minimalist Baker, really could not be easier! They are delicious, simple to make, very rich, and even give you some protein!
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 5 Tbsp oat or other non-dairy milk
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup vegan protein powder
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place maple syrup, oat milk, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and vanilla in a medium saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, whisking periodically. Allow to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Place dry ingredients, except sugar, in a large bowl and mix.
- Add peanut butter and the prepared chocolate sauce and mix in.
- Make balls of the batter (or use a scoop for ease) and place on the parchment.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for an hour.