Ah Girl Scout cookie season! Though many of those delicious little buggers are indeed vegan, they increase in price every year. If you want a cheaper and more accessible alternative, look no further than this easy peasy recipe!
There are no specific measurements because it’s just about throwing ingredients together, it’s super simple.
- Vegan chocolate chips (or bar form is fine, just cut the bar smaller)
- Few drops of Peppermint extract
- Round crackers (we love Ritz)
- Optional: coconut oil
- Melt the chocolate chips with a double boiler method, I like adding coconut oil to make the process easier but it is not required. Stir frequently until no lumps are left.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set your crackers in place
- When the chocolate is ready, remove it from the heat and add as much peppermint extract as you please. There’s no right or wrong amount.
- Coat each cracker in the chocolate mixture and place back on the parchment lined tray.
- Put the delicious ‘cookies’ into the fridge to harden and you’ve got yourself some thin mints!
One Response to Easy Vegan “Thin Mints”