Simple cookie recipe for vegan chewy-on-the-inside cookies! With oats and no eggs or dairy, you can even pretend they are good for you.
- ½ cup vegan butter at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp soy or oat milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ to ⅔ cups chocolate chips
- ½ cups walnuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Cream the vegan butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and maple syrup with a blender.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, flour, coconut, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients, either by hand or softly with a dough hook until the mixture is crumbly then mix in the soy milk.
- At that point, it should be wet enough that you can pick up a small handful and squish and pat it into a ball and then slightly flatten into a patty. If you can’t make it hold together at all, add a bit more soy milk.
- Place the cookies onto a baking stone or parchment lined pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are firm and the tops slightly browned. Don’t overcook – they will get firm as they cool!
- Allow to cool for a 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.