Clean Bottle, a company that specializes in BPA free water bottles – in the past focused primarily on cycling bottles – recently contacted me and offered to send me one of their new Tritan Square bottles to try out. After researching the bottle, and the company, I agreed, and I’m happy that I did.
The company describes the Tritan Square this way:
The Square is the last water bottle you will ever need. Its iconic shape prevents your bottle from rolling if dropped, while it’s wide handle is perfect for comfortable carrying. Both caps use a simple quarter-turn twist to remove, and the bottom cap makes cleaning your Square easy, no matter what you may have left in your bottle. The Square uses durable silicone gaskets in both caps to ensure a leak-proof seal everytime. The Square’s elegant shape is sure to get you noticed, and don’t worry, it still fits in most cupholders. Plus, the Square has an optional Water Filter or Fruit Infuser, so you can customize your Square to be perfect for you.
The bottle is 25 oz (.75L), is BPA free, and is dishwasher (top rack) safe. It also has a lifetime guarantee, which I love.
My Square arrived a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve been testing it thoroughly, to make sure that I could give you a good review.
What I love:
- The bottle opens on both the top and the bottom, making it easy to clean out very thoroughly. This, to me, is the biggest sales point. I have thrown away more than a couple of water bottles because I was worried about what might be lurking in the depths.
- The handle makes the bottle really easy to carry/grab. It’s so handy for running around campus with or taking a walk. I haven’t tried it, but I suspect you could use a carabiner to hook the bottle to your bag.
- The infuser works perfectly and is easy to clean. So far, I’ve made lemon water, lime/mint water, cucumber/mint water, and cucumber/lime water. The only time any bits got into the water was when a mint leaf got pulled to pieces in my haste to move it along.
- The colors make me happy. I have been trying out a green bottle, but I want an orange and a blue (school colors).
- The twist on bottom and top seem very secure and there has been no leaking, even when the bottle did fall over.
What I less than love (but don’t actively dislike):
- I don’t actually dislike the square shape. I just have no feelings about it one way or another, other than it is different. I guess if I was camping or otherwise doing things where I might be setting the bottle down on uneven surfaces, it might be more useful to me.
- At the moment, I’m happy with the top/bottom quarter-turn locking. It does make me a little nervous, however, that it could get knocked loose in a bag. It hasn’t happened though. I’m keeping an eye on it and will report back if it does.
All in all, I really like this water bottle. My daughter saw it and wants one, so I suspect I’ll be purchasing some for upcoming holiday gifts (they have a Buy3Get1Free deal).
Clean Bottle was kind enough to send me 2 extra bottles to use as giveaways for my lovely readers!